Results of the eLearning Guild's LMS Survey:
(For this report, LMS market share ratings were based on data from more than 2,300 respondents and satisfaction ratings were based on data from more than 1,200 respondents. In addition, the guild surveyed over 930 e-Learning professionals who represented more than 840 different organizations to definitively show just what the state of the industry is when it comes to Learning Management Systems.)
- The cost per learner to acquire, configure, and customize an LMS for large corporations ranges from $15.11 to $57.02.
- Skillsoft enjoys greatest overall satisfaction in large corporations with a large number of learners impacted (greater than 5,000 employees and learners).
- 29.58% of survey respondents plan to upgrade their LMS and 10.69% plan to abandon their current LMS and move to a different vendor.
- Moodle (yes, Moodle) enjoys both the largest market share and satisfaction in smaller corporations with a smaller number of learners impacted (fewer than 5,000 employees and learners).
- 11% of survey respondents indicate that they have not received a return on investment from their investment in a Learning Management System.
- SumTotal is the market share leader in large corporations with a large number of learners impacted (greater than 5,000 employees and learners).
- 21% of survey respondents use more than one LMS.
- SAP and KnowledgeImpact enjoy the largest percent of users that report a good return on investment.